DRYLOK® Siloxane 7 Brick & Masonry Penetrating Sealer has no sheen and is virtually invisible on stucco, brick, and concrete.
- Keeps water out
- Allows water vapor to escape
- Resists 98 mph wind-driven rain
- Withstands vehicle traffic
- Will not damage asphalt shingles
- Complies with all current VOC requirements
- Contains 7% Siloxane - creates a chemical bond between the concrete and mortar to create a moisture vapor barrier and repel water
- Sizes: gallon, 5 gallons
- Coverage: 210 square feet per gallon
- Application tools: brush, roller, spray
- Dry time: 1 hour
- Coats: flood to the point of rejection
- Easy cleanup with warm, soapy water
- Vertical exterior surfaces
Proof of Performance: ASTM Testing
- ASTM D 16 – Standard Terminology for Paint, Related Coatings, Materials and Applications.
- ASTM D 5095 – Standard Test Method for Determination of the Nonvolatile Content in Silanes, Siloxanes and Silane-Siloxane Blends Used in Masonry Water Repellant Treatments.
- ASTM D 6904 – Standard Practice for Resistance to Wind-Driven Rain for Exterior Coatings Applied to Masonry.
All previous coatings, except sound and firm cement base materials, must be removed. The surface should be clean, dry, and free from dirt and all loose particles. Cracks, holes, and loose mortar joints should be repaired using a suitable concrete patch or mortar mix. For best results, DRYLOK® Siloxane 7 Brick & Masonry Penetrating Sealer should be applied following a dry spell of 2 or 3 days. Remove dust, dirt, and any loose or broken mortar* with a wire brush. If you see white, powdery, crystal-like deposits on the surface, they are naturally-occurring, water-soluble salt compounds in the masonry, pushed out by water intrusion. When the water evaporates, the salt residue remains. This effect is called efflorescence and, because it prevents DRYLOK® Siloxane 7 Brick & Masonry Penetrating Sealer from properly bonding to the surface, it must be removed. Treat it with DRYLOK® Etch** (liquid or powder formula) or muriatic acid according to the manufacturer's directions, rinse and allow to dry.
Schedule your project when both air and surface temperatures are 50°F or higher and, for best results, wait for a dry (rain-free) period. Do not thin the product. Protect glass, wood surfaces, and shrubbery from overspray. Spraying DRYLOK® Siloxane 7 Brick & Masonry Penetrating Sealer is the most effective method of application. An ordinary garden sprayer or power equipment may be used. Best results are achieved by eliminating most of the pressure at the gun or nozzle and operating with the lowest practical pressure on the spray tank. The nozzle should be opened to a coarse spray adjustment. Starting at the top of the wall, hold the spray at an angle to avoid splashing. Flood the surface with DRYLOK® Siloxane 7 Brick & Masonry Penetrating Sealer so that a run-down of 8 to 12 inches of material occurs. This permits an even flooding of the surface with a steady flow of material. It is important to hold the gun or nozzle close to the work.
If DRYLOK® Siloxane 7 Brick & Masonry Penetrating Sealer is applied with a brush, extreme care must be taken to ensure even flooding of the surface. Do not brush it out.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.
** When using DRYLOK® Etch®, wear eye protection with side shields, chemical-resistant gloves, protective footwear and suitable clothing.