DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent
DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent bonds new concrete, stucco, stone, plaster and more to structurally sound, difficult surfaces like dense, slick or porous concrete, stone, drywall, hardboard, and plaster walls. When used as an additive in concrete mixes for patching, DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent improves adhesion and increases the resiliency and elasticity of the patch. DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent may also be used for pointing plaster cracks.
Clean up: Soap and water
Coverage: 500 square feet per gallon
- Application by brush, spray or admixture
- May be top-coated after 30 minutes with coating of plaster or concrete
- Ideal for adding to plaster, cement, stucco, waterpoofer, and concrete
- Mix to improve performance on stone, masonry to masonry, bonding concrete and plaster to difficult surfaces, dense, slick or porous concrete, stone, drywall, and hardboard
Surface must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease and powdery or peeling materials.* Protect from freezing.
Schedule your project when both air and surface temperatures are 50°F or higher and, for best results, wait for a dry (rain-free) period.
To strengthen concrete mixes: Slowly add DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent to cement powder (1 quart DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent to 3 parts cement powder for normal repairs), stirring constantly until the consistency is smooth. Adjust the consistency, if necessary, by adding additional latex or cement.
To patch or repoint: Brush or spray DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent on the surface to be repaired. Apply full strength without thinning. Once DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent changes from a milky color to a clear glaze (approximately 30 minutes), it is ready for a topcoating of plaster or concrete.
To improve powdered waterproofers: mix DRYLOK® Latex Bonding Agent with water in a 1 to 1 ratio, and use this mixture instead of water to prepare the powdered masonry waterproofer (like DRYLOK® Powdered Masonry Waterproofer).
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1 – 800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.