DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner is easier to use than those stronger acids typically employed to cut into unprotected parts of metal surfaces, smooth and highly troweled concrete, brick, and ceramic tile. Plus, there are no harmful fumes!
- Ready to use – no mixing required
- Prepares smooth concrete to maximize adhesion and penetration for coatings and paints
- Clean mortar from brick and tile
- Clean and etch concrete, stone, tile, galvanized metal, and brick
- Size: gallon
- Coverage: 300-600 square feet per gallon
- Garage floors
- Concrete tennis courts
- Concrete walls
- Galvanized metal
- Ceramic tile
How To / Videos
Proof of Performance: ASTM Testing
- ASTM D 16 – Standard Terminology for Paint, Related Coatings, Materials and Applications.
Wear eye protection with side shields, chemical-resistant gloves, protective footwear and suitable clothing when using DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner. Remove dirt, dust, grease, and oil by washing with a detergent solution*. Allow the surface to dry before applying DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner.
Apply when air and surface temperature is above 50°F. Surfaces to be treated should be slightly damp. For vertical surfaces, apply DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner with an acid-resistant sprayer or a synthetic brush. For horizontal surfaces, apply DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner using a plastic garden watering can with a sprinkling head or an acid-resistant sprayer. DO NOT pour onto one spot and brush out over surface. Using a stiff bristle brush or broom, scrub DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner into surface until foaming action stops. If the Liquid Etch does not foam, the concrete has been sealed. The sealer must be removed using a suitable chemical remover or surface abrader. Triple-rinse the surface with a strong stream of water, scrubbing while rinsing to ensure removal of all etching material. When dry, check the surface by applying a few drops of water. Water should penetrate quickly. If not, re-apply DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner to the affected area as described previously. Allow the surface to dry thoroughly before applying paint or stain. A properly etched horizontal surface should look and feel like 120-grit medium sandpaper. Additional applications may be required when used as a concrete etching compound or when conditions of excessive efflorescence build-up exist.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.