DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner
Currently out of stock. Select another size or find your local dealer.
See Return Policy
Shipping included. Taxes not included.
Regional shipping restrictions may apply.
A modern formulation, DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner is highly effective in etching masonry, stone, tile, and brick. It removes unsightly efflorescence (salt deposits) as well as excess mortar. Use DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner, as a safer alternative to muriatic acid, to treat smooth concrete and condition galvanized surfaces prior to painting.
Coverage: 300 square feet for cleaning — 150 square feet for etching
- Ready mixed, acid solution
- Extrudes and fabricates concrete to effectively reduce color variations, creating a more uniform color
- Less labor-intensive method than grinding or sandblasting
- Smooths out a concrete surface to open the pores of a concrete slab, enhancing adhesion
- Application with acid resistant sprayer, synthetic brush, plastic garden watering can
- Ideal for preparing concrete to coat, removes efflorescence and excess mortar
- CSI Masterformat® 03 01 00 Maintenance of Concrete
- Garage floors
- Concrete tennis courts
- Concrete walls
- Galvanized metal
- Ceramic tile
Wear eye protection with side shields, chemical-resistant gloves, protective footwear and suitable clothing when using DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner. Remove dirt, dust, grease, and oil by washing with a detergent solution*. Allow the surface to dry before applying DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner.
Apply when air and surface temperature is above 50°F. Surfaces to be treated should be slightly damp. For vertical surfaces, apply DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner with an acid-resistant sprayer or a synthetic brush. For horizontal surfaces, apply DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner using a plastic garden watering can with a sprinkling head or an acid-resistant sprayer. DO NOT pour onto one spot and brush out over surface. Using a stiff bristle brush or broom, scrub DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner into surface until foaming action stops. If the Liquid Etch does not foam, the concrete has been sealed. The sealer must be removed using a suitable chemical remover or surface abrader. Triple-rinse the surface with a strong stream of water, scrubbing while rinsing to ensure removal of all etching material. When dry, check the surface by applying a few drops of water. Water should penetrate quickly. If not, re-apply DRYLOK® Concrete and Masonry Liquid Etch & Cleaner to the affected area as described previously. Allow the surface to dry thoroughly before applying paint or stain. A properly etched horizontal surface should look and feel like 120-grit medium sandpaper. Additional applications may be required when used as a concrete etching compound or when conditions of excessive efflorescence build-up exist.
Q. Which products help remove efflorescence and prevent it from reoccurring?
A. United Gilsonite Laboratories manufactures a product called DRYLOK® Etch. While DRYLOK® Etch will remove efflorescence and help prevent it from reoccurring, understand that efflorescence comes from salt deposits found in the block itself and can reoccur at any time.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1 – 800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.