Waterproof interior, exterior, above and below grade walls including basement walls, retaining walls, concrete cisterns, concrete water holding tanks, and more.
- Withstands 10 pounds of hydrostatic pressure (PSI), equivalent to a wall of water 22 feet high
- NSF Certified to NSF/ANSI 61
- Meets ARCOM’s Master Spec® 071613
- Low-odor formula complies with all current VOC requirements
- Breathable film will not trap moisture in the masonry
- Easy cleanup with warm, soapy water
- Superior efflorescence (salt deposits) resistance
- Reduces radon penetration
- A white, smooth finish
- Sizes: 35 pounds
- Coverage: 140-280 square feet per 35 pounds
- A powder that mixes with water
- Application tools: brush or roller (preferred for first coat), sprayer
- Dry time: 12-24 hours
- Coats: minimum of 2
- Recoat time: 12-24 hours
- After 24 hours, DRYLOK® Powdered Masonry Waterproofer will accept a decorative topcoat using a good quality latex paint
- Masonry walls
- Cinder and concrete blocks
- Poured concrete
Masonry surfaces must be clean and free from dirt, dust, grease, oil, form release compound, frost, and paint.* Patch all holes or cracks with DRYLOK® Fast Plug®, a fast-setting hydraulic cement. Wet the surface to be patched so DRYLOK® Fast Plug® can better anchor itself to the wall, and then back chisel the areas to be patched into an inverted “V”. Smooth the patch evenly with the surface around it. Mix only what you'll use in 3 to 5 minutes. Also, be sure to seal the area where the floor and wall meet. Often, when concrete floors cure, they shrink and pull away from the wall, creating a space where water can enter. All previous coatings must be removed by wire brushing, sandblasting or other effective means before applying DRYLOK® Powdered Masonry Waterproofer.* Remove any efflorescence, a white, powdery, crystal-like deposit visible on the masonry surface with DRYLOK® Etch** or muriatic acid.
Schedule your project when both air and surface temperatures are 50°F or higher and, for best results, wait for a dry (rain-free) period.
Cancer hazard: Contains Crystalline Silica, which can cause cancer***.
Add 2 pints of cold water for each 10 pounds of DRYLOK® Powdered Masonry Waterproofer. Stir until the mixture is free of lumps. Thin it with an additional 2 pints of water for normal application, or 1.5 pints of water for heavy application. Stir until it's smooth. Wait 15 minutes, then stir it again and apply. Use the same proportions of water and DRYLOK® Powdered Masonry Waterproofer in succeeding mixes to ensure a uniform color tone. Mix no more material than can be used in 3 to 4 hours.
The area to be painted must be thoroughly dampened with water prior to painting. Do not paint it until the surface water has been absorbed. Spotty drying indicates the surface is not uniformly damp. Continue to dampen walls ahead as you paint. When painting under hot or windy conditions, a wetter surface is necessary.
Using a DRYLOK® Brush or a stiff bristle brush, apply the product with a scrubbing motion. On interior surfaces and in extremely dry conditions, to improve curing, continually dampen by misting newly painted walls after 6 to 8 hours. Apply 2 coats. Allow the first coat to dry for 12 to 24 hours before applying the second coat. Dampen the first coat before applying the second coat.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.
** When using DRYLOK® Etch®, wear eye protection with side shields, chemical-resistant gloves, protective footwear and suitable clothing.
***Cancer hazard: Contains Crystalline Silica, which can cause cancer. Risk of cancer depends on duration and level of exposure to dust generated from sanding surfaces or grinding. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not breathe dust. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin. Avoid exposure to dust by wearing an appropriate (NIOSH approved) particulate respirator during mixing, application and clean up. Follow respirator manufacturer's directions for respirator use. Close container after each use. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling.